template

Monday, November 7, 2011

Rest Time....NOT

We are still working on the concept of "rest time" over here. I am unable to convince Jillian that staying in her bed to read quietly would be the best option, without a battle between us that leaves me feeling very rather fatigued. So since the point really is to rest, I've decided that I'm ok with her just playing in her room and not restricting her to laying in her bed. Though it really is more of a "rest time" for me in this case (since I am not constantly going in her room to enforce the reading in bed rule), it does not come without consequence. Jillian has become quite imaginative in her play (more on that later), and so she is exploring her room with a new set of creative eyes. This has led to some dangerous events, of which I am grateful no injury has come thus far. She no longer has her book case or large dresser in her room, since she managed to knock them both over sending loud disastrous-sounding crashed through the house. When I tell you that my heart stopped after seeing her partially under her dresser, I mean it truly did. After scooping her up to assess any damage (none, thank goodness!), she said to me, "Mom, I just wanted a ride!" Well, you got one Jilly Bean. Today, her room became even more sparse after she broke her room-darkening shades and was caught abusing her CD player/sound machine (toppled over, standing on it....I forgot the goal she told me she was trying to accomplish this time). She is left with her bed, a few books, stuffed animals, and some of her princess dolls/babies. The room is completely disheveled at the end of "rest time", but I will take it to get a bit of down time as I listen to her happily make up some interesting play schemes--lately they've been around birthday parties and airplane rides. I got a good laugh when I walked past her room after rest time today to shut the light off and felt something on top of the light switch.....

Where else is one supposed to store her lone CD (note the mess that is reflected)? Creative, indeed. What will this girl think of next?

No comments:

Post a Comment