template

Monday, November 21, 2011

New Digs

After moving late last week, we are gradually getting settled into our new home. We didn't move far (8 miles to be exact), but it was a major change for our family. We left the only home our girls had known, and the house we had lived in longer than any other since going to college. It was emotional for me, and I was worried about how Jillian, especially, would adjust to the change. So far, all is going well, and we are excited about our new digs. Here is what the girls have been up to the last few days....

I had been compiling a box of dress up clothes for Miss Jillian, and told her she could have access to it when we moved to the new house. It was the first thing she asked me about upon move-in, and she has been playing with the costumes constantly ever since. It's fun to see what combos she comes up with. Here we have a combo of Minnie Mouse and a fairy, topped off with some high heels.

Rest time continues to be a challenge, but sometimes we get lucky and find our "princess" all tuckered out still in her finest apparel.

Thankfully, the weather held out for the move, and we have even had some very nice days. This has allowed Jillian to spend some time getting acquainted with her new "park". I love it because I can stand on the deck, or even in the house gazing out the large windows, to watch her play independently. If you look closely you can see her checking out the area at the top of the slide.




Adrienne has been having some fun experiences as well. Though she has been rolling over for over a month now, she just figured out that she can use the skill as a transportation mode. I put her on her back to play on a blanket while I unpacked a box, and returned not two minutes later to find this.

And it just keeps happening. Time to be a bit more careful about where I leave her!
 The sink in the girls' bathroom is large enough that we can use the Puj tub. This is so much easier on our backs, and Adrienne seems to enjoy the view as she gazes in the mirror.
 Grammy and Grandad were a tremendous help to us during the move in innumerable ways. Grammy even taught Adrienne how to do laundry in the new house. I wish I wore this big of a smile every time I had to do laundry!
We have lots of space and love company--if anyone wants to travel to Minnesota in the winter time, do come visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment