template

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

5 Months Old

This 5 month old baby of mine is ridiculously cute, and I've got photo after photo to prove it. The above is one of my favorites, taken today on her 5 month birthday as she "helped" Grammy do some laundry. (No, that is not a shower cap on her head. It is the pair of bloomers that go under her Christmas dress)
Adrienne celebrated today by officially cutting her first tooth! She has been exhibiting many of the typical teething behaviors for a couple of weeks now, and a couple of days ago I was finally able to notice a white line. Today, it popped through (left bottom front tooth), and she has suddenly turned into a little vampire. Suffice it to say, our nursing relationship just got a bit more complicated.
In other developmental news, Adrienne is beginning to prop-sit for a few minutes at a time. She loves the upright view, and looks cute as the dickens as she wobbles precariously from her perch.
Adrienne loves to grasp and play with toys, and easily brings them to her mouth for exploration. If no toys are available, she's quite content to amuse herself with her feet. She is very interested in anything we are eating/drinking, and tries her best to take such items from us. The foray into solid food isn't far away. Adrienne also has gotten quite good at blowing out her diapers. I moved her up to a size 3, and still, she often manages to create quite the explosion. She had one so bad yesterday that I just had to take a picture of what was discovered when I picked her up from her exersaucer (do not look if you are squeamish!). It is one for the record books!

 My darling Adrienne, I am sad to report, is not doing so hot in the sleep department. She was sleeping better as a 6-8 week old than she is as a big 5 month old. I am praying that teething is at the root of this problem, and that I can sleep longer than 2 hrs at a time again soon. Though she is going to bed around the time Jillian does (7ish), she is often up 3-4 times before 6 a.m. Mom is tired, and A is tired. She needs more sleep than that. We are working on the development of a nap schedule, but it is still unpredictable. The morning nap is becoming more reliable, but it is often in her car seat as we cart Jillian here and there. One thing at a time, I suppose. At any rate, I often forget how frustrated I am with the sleep situation when I see this beautiful baby beaming at me.

What a joy you are, sweet baby. You are growing far too quickly for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment