Oh this poor neglected blog. I'm afraid it has taken the back burner these last few weeks. I promise I'll get back on track eventually....I still have to post about Jillian's preschool Christmas program, a visit from Aunt Angela, and a few more events that I cannot recall off the top of my head at this late hour. For now, I just had to quickly record the events of this day.
1. Jillian crawled in bed with me this morning when she woke, and was content just to talk to me for a good 10 minutes or so. It was a precious, sweet moment that I so enjoyed. I hope we can have more of these talks as the years go by. I'm sure the subject matter will change dramatically, but today, my three year old began the following conversation:
J: "Mom, how do whales get in the water?"
Me: "Um, they are born in the water"
J: "Well how do they get out?"
Me: "They can't get out of the water, they have to live there"
J: "Well, why?"
Me: "Because God made them that way, and they survive by living in the water"
J: "What happens if they get out?"
Me: "Well, they will die if they are out of the water too long"
J: "Oh. Mommy, I don't want to die"
Me: (Long pause while I try and figure out how to respond to that!) "Well, Jillian, everybody has to die sometime. Hopefully it will be a very long time from now."
J: "OK, Mom, can we go eat breakfast now?"
I thought she'd never ask.
2. I caught Adrienne doing this....
Oh dear. The child is only 5 1/2 months! I. am. in. trouble.
I can't even belive she is moving like that. I bet she'll be walking at 7 months ; ). For your sake, I hope it's a little later than that. Can't wait to see my girls at Christmas!
ReplyDeleteIs Jillian learning about Jonah and the whale at school?
ReplyDelete