I'm so far behind....let's see if I can accurately record week 9 of summer. Jillian attended an art camp in the afternoons with Will and Rachel. She had lots of fun and made some very cool things--a tile coaster, a couple of canvas paintings, sidewalk chalk, duct tape purse, and so on. Poor Adrienne, once again, wasn't old enough to go to this camp so she was stuck with me. On Tuesday, I decided we'd go have a little art fun of our own. We hit up Color Me Mine, where Adrienne painted this lovely princess figuring.
We will see how the zombie eyes look after this piece has been fired :)
On Wednesday after camp we walked to the park behind the school building where the camp was held for a little play time with the Taunton kids. Adrienne and I picked up some goodies at Starbucks and Target to enjoy as a post camp treat.
I got my baby fix. I pride myself on being able to love this muffin to sleep.
On Thursday, after Adrienne so graciously helped me make a big Hy-Vee trip, we stopped at Caribou for a smoothie. The girls came along, too. Pretty sure these two are named Avery and Ella.
The scene in my garden. This is so fascinating to me--my cucumbers have grown up the fence (as intended), but they've also grown all across the garden. I have picked ripe full sized cucumbers growing from my tomato plants, eggplant, and zucchini. It's just nuts. Here's a little peek at some growing inside the cage of a yellow grape tomato plant.
It makes me really happy to take pictures of what I bring in from the garden. I get all the good feels from growing vegetables.
So, this is just crazy. Last summer, on the day Grandma Paula arrived from the airport, we found 16 large turkeys on our playset. While we see turkey regularly around here, I haven't seen any in our playset since then. Well, on Friday August 7th, I looked outside and saw 11 turkeys in the playset!! And here is the nutso part--Grandma was set to arrive later that morning!! She must be the turkey whisperer or something. I just think that's so funny.
Waiting for Grandma at the airport...
Running to Grandma! One year is too long between visits!!
Later that night, Daddy and Grandma hung out at home while I took the kids to Will's birthday party. I basically strong armed Jenni into letting me be in charge of Jack during the party. I popped him in the Ergo and it was off to slumberland for him again, thanks to my baby sleep magic gene I got from the ultimate baby whisperer--my mom (this was a gene I didn't develop until AFTER I had my babies....it only works on other people's kids!)
On Saturday we took Grandma to Lark Toys, tried out the National Eagle Center in Wabasha for the first time, grabbed some fresh curds at the Nelson Creamery, and then finally hit Stone Barn Pizza for a little summer magic. Great day.
We got to Stone Barn a little early, so we had some time to kill by playing in the car. Daddy was a fool to think he'd get to sneak in a nap!
Stone Barn Pizza plus New Glarus Beer and some lush cornfields....summer magic.
Don't forget the Superman ice cream!
And finally, a little PSA to end this post...NEVER leave your dishwasher running when you aren't home! On Sunday, our dishwasher started smoking and literally caught fire before shorting out. I am so thankful that we were home--just the day before, I had started the dishwasher before we left for WI the entire day. That would have been an epic disaster. Nothing will shake up your Sunday rest hour like a little dishwasher fire.
No comments:
Post a Comment