template

Friday, August 21, 2015

Dad and Daughters Dells Trip

I admit that I was a little shocked when Matt told me he wanted to take the girls to the Wisconsin Dells while I was away on my moms weekend. I have lots of times alone with the girls at home while he travels, and it never ever occurs to me to take them on a vacation like that. But, he was stuck on the idea and the girls were SO excited to go to the Dells for the first time--but most of all, they were stoked for some quality time with their best guy. I felt a little teary as I snapped a pic of them the morning they left. There went my whole heart driving away down the road....


They made it to the Dells without incident and promptly stopped at Paul Bunyans for lunch upon arrival. The sugar rush began with some homemade donuts.

And then my pancake lover was nearly beside herself with glee over this stack of hot ones placed in front of her. I love this picture so much. 

They went to check in at Great Wolf Lodge, and then spent the afternoon at the waterparks. Later that evening, they waited for dinner proudly displaying their wolf ears. 

The highlight of this place was the train that brought food out. 

And then....Matt took them to the outlet malls and let them select some treasures from the Disney stores. 


After more water parking on Friday, they went to lunch at Subway, then took a Duck Boat Tour and walked around downtown.


Playing in the waterpark on Saturday morning before heading home. 

They arrived home Saturday evening, and then on Sunday, Matt decided to load them up for a hike at Whitewater State Park and a picnic. 


I am so thankful for this special time with Matt and the girls. They are old enough that they will always remember this little trip with him. He works so hard and has so much on his plate--he could have easily phoned this weekend in with some TV and play at home. Instead, he put in the effort to take them and make memories doing something special he knew they would love. And they did!

No comments:

Post a Comment