After a crazy (and fun!) beginning to August, it was good to slow down a bit this week. The consequence of this fun, however, caused me to finally go pick the garden and find 27 cucumbers....
......and a couple of baseball bats. Not pictured: 200+ cherry tomatoes. Oy.
Also on Monday, we just stayed home. The. Entire. Day. I can't remember the last time this happened. I did 14 literal loads of laundry in addition to garden duties, the kids were happy playing, we got our new dishwasher installed (glory!), I enjoyed a piano lesson, and then had an electrician come out to try and figure out the thermostat on our bathroom floor. The girls stayed in pajamas all day, and Adrienne just kills me with her Muppet morning hair. She's snuggled with the THREE stuffed princesses Matt bought her at the Disney store during their Dells trip. Dads are way more fun than moms!
 |
|
The girls went to the RAC Tuesday morning camp (FROZEN theme, so of course they went), but otherwise we kept things pretty light as we all tried to recover from our fun the week before. The girls did a lot of eating trail mix bags from Aunt Mal's shower. Someone, who shall not remain nameless (Adrienne!) was guilty of digging every single navy M&M out of each bag and not eating any craisins or peanuts.
I picked up a box of beautiful organic Colorado peaches from a fundraiser, and I think they are the loveliest and most delicious peaches I've ever had.
So it was time to make some peach jam. Peach jam is the fan favorite around these parts.
Also this week: a trip to the library, Jillian discovering she LOVES catalogs (and subsequently wants to buy everything out the Garnet Hill Kids catalog...apples don't fall far. Sigh), A spontaneous lunch picnic on the deck with Daddy (who was working an evening shift on Thurs, so was home during the day), and a lot of hair salon play. Jillian is always the stylist, Adrienne always the customer. No exceptions, people. No exceptions.
I suppose the hair salon pictures also require some clothing explanation. Another "Daddy In The Dells" purchase. You can bet Mom would have gently persuaded Adrienne to look on a different rack for a shirt.
This hairstyle is exciting because it was Jillian's first time to successfully put in hairbands! She was SO excited ("Aren't you so proud of me, Mom!?!?) and she made Adrienne some pigtails.
On Saturday, we spent the afternoon/evening with Jenni and the kids catching up and playing. After playing at our house, we hit a park, then out to dinner.
And what were the daddies doing while we were playing at the park? Well, they were reaping the benefits of Michael's birthday gift from Jenni--A trip to Extreme Playground in Hastings. The boys got to drive excavators and move some junked out cars. The below picture makes me just smile and laugh to no end.
They continued their 'Wild At Heart' man date by going to the BMW dealership and driving some crazy fast cars. They came home that night and talked about nothing else for the rest of the weekend!
On Sunday, the girls and I went to church while Matt finished a paper that was due for work, then I had a nice quiet afternoon at home to do laundry (or read and nap...) while Matt and the girls went to see The Minion Movie at last.
Summer is fading....just two weeks left!
No comments:
Post a Comment