template
Thursday, June 4, 2015
The Truth?
Matt likes to take the girls to Casey's (closest gas station/convenience store to us) to let them pick out a candy bar from time to time (and because he has a thing for buying Powerball tickets). This blows their mind, and probably further solidifies their feeling that he is the fun guy. I've been called the "treat nazi" by my husband before, and it's probably deserved. On this particular night, I was out at book club and the girls were delighted to have time with him--"Yay! I love it when Daddy babysits us!" Say what? Listen girls--your dad is NOT a babysitter. He is your DAD. Parents are not babysitters. I could rant for hours on that subject. Anyway, back to the point of the post: as the girls and Matt were driving along to Casey's, Adrienne offered her unsolicited analysis of my contributions: "All Mommy does is drink coffee and play the piano". Matt told Adrienne that she should not ever tell me that because it would hurt my feelings, and he said the girls just busted out laughing. So, yep. All I do is drink coffee and play the piano all day....and I wave my magic wand to transport kids, do the laundry, cook the meals, pay the bills, and make sure everyone stays healthy and alive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hilarious! My Matt and I have a very similar discussion about the "babysitting". Give your loves an extra snuggle from AZ!
ReplyDelete