Oh boy! This week was busy and fun, fun fun! Jillian attended Camp Invention each day, for the entire day. This camp is heralded by many as a must-do (once your kids finish kindergarten), and I have to say that I agree. It's perfect for creative, curious kids. Jillian loved it.
Tuesday at camp was wacky sock day. So, she raided Matt's socks and decided that his Royals socks would fit the bill.
On Friday at camp, the kids host an inventor's showcase. This is where they walk you around to all the rooms and show you all the inventions they made. It was absolute chaos, but very fun to see her so proud and excited to show off her creations.
This is her "creature". Yes, when she connects the wiring, it actually walks! Super cool!
Will and Jillian did this camp together so that was an added bonus.....
When the show was over we loaded up to go, and Jillian declared that she forgot her poster inside. I decided to let her go in alone and get it. When she came out, I kept thinking how grown up she's getting...and how little she looks next to this big, huge middle school. This happens to be the middle school she's slated to attend someday, so I'm sure it'll be no time at all until I see my 6th grader walking out of this building. Oy.
Also this week.....I decided my front pots look better than ever. This is my favorite pot I've mixed, I think.
Playing dog is the new game. You can guess who always "gets" to be the dog. I probably have had to remind the dog owner no less than 10 times that the dog leashes in this house get worn around the waist...not the neck!
Jillian was excited to help me make jam on Saturday. We made just a little bit of strawberry with the berries I had left from the Farmer's Market, and then a whole bunch of rhubarb.
Saturday night was big fun. The Tauntons invited us to join them at the Country Club for dinner and then the fireworks show. The weather was true perfection, and the scene almost idyllic. We had an awesome evening enjoying time together.
Adrienne was hilarious when the waiter brought the dessert tray around to show us the desserts. She nearly jumped out of her chair trying to take the sample of this chocolate souffle cake. She didn't quite understand that it was the menu. Lucky for her, she ended up getting her own piece of this cake...and she literally licked the bowl clean.
After dinner, we headed down the hill so the kids could enjoy the festivities...bounce houses, slides, obstacle courses, face painting....kid heaven
Adrienne and Rachel spent a lot of time running and rolling down the hills
Just a couple of Rad Dads...and one perfectly well behaved sleeping baby
Oh look! The moms were there, too!
These kitties devoured some popcorn as we waited and waited and waited for it to get dark
They passed out glow sticks for the kids, and they had these fun glow balls for them to toss around.
Finally it was time! Adrienne preferred to watch the works from her dad's lap, instead of on the blanket with the other kids. Love how you can see the fireworks next to the moon.
Will, Jillian, and Rachel enjoying the show
The fireworks were amazing. Great show.
Yesterday, after Jillian slept in until 10 (fireworks hangover) and a huge burger lunch at Newt's, we went to our first family movie. Matt's taken the girls a few times, but I haven't been to the movies since I was pregnant with Adrienne! We were all excited to see Inside Out. Great movie with lots of great messages. The bonus is that our movie theater has new leather reclining seats! And we watched it in 3D, which the kids loved and the adults suffered headaches for. Taking one for the team.
No comments:
Post a Comment