template

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Rockin' It

It's not always easy to think of a title, or to think of how to organize a bunch of random stuff into a post, but I think I finally found a way to sum up the last week...we are really rockin' it. By rockin it, I mean a couple of things--we are either really rockin' some fun new stuff, or we are really NOT rockin' it. I appreciate sarcasm so I think it flies here.


First, Jillian is in the final countdown days of school and they are doing some fun stuff with the word 'kindergarten'. They have a special activity (one per day) that corresponds with each letter of that word. The first day for letter K was 'kids in motion'. Jillian took this very seriously and asked to borrow one of my headbands that I wear to workout. I obliged, of course, and I think she was really rockin' this fit look.

So of course baby sister needed a headband, too. We were all really rockin' the look that morning.

And someone kept rockin' it long into the night......

Adrienne was so excited to be invited to her friend Annabelle's tea party on Thursday. She borrowed Jillian's dress/sweater, and insisted I make her hair "smoov". She really rocked the fancy pants look and had a lovely time with some lovely little ladies at the tea party.





Adrienne and Lakin were a couple of clowns....rockin' the sense of humor, these two.

Adrienne has also become master of the spontaneous deck picnic. She gets a towel and literally hits the deck for some lunch and relaxation. Here is she  rockin' her new shades and enjoying the ring pop she got from the tea party (I forgot to mention that this child ate FOUR cookies at the tea party--50% of those were secretly swiped, and her friend Evin ratted her out)

Jillian loves having a desk in her room. She does not, however, enjoy keeping it neat and organized. She is really rockin' the clean room look. NOT.

Jillian has fully developed a love of reading. And now she's reading chapter books--this magical animal series she got from the school book orders is gripping, I'm sure. This girl is rockin' at reading!!

This is how we rock gardening. In sun hats, gloves....and an unidentified (at this point) case of strep throat.

Rockin' what we call a "sick bed" in our house. Poor Jillian...high fever of 103 for two days, and then vomiting. The vomiting distracted me, so it took almost 36 hours to discover she had a horribly sore throat that was classic strep. Thank goodness for weekend express care.

Annnnnd.....24 hours later, this is how Adrienne rocks waiting at the St Marys pharmacy on a holiday for HER prescription. We rocked express care for two days straight with throat cultures.

And so, we were really rockin' our holiday weekend party style.....NOT

Yesterday, I kept Adrienne with me all day--I didn't really want to risk exposing her almost 81 year old swimming instructor to strep since we were just shy of 24 hrs on drugs. So we went to Target for groceries (and coffee/hot chocolate) after dropping J off at school. Adrienne did her own hair. She is rockin' the messy head look.

I got in "trouble" on Monday night as Matt was raiding the pantry for a late night sweet bite. I got in trouble because the pantry is full of dark chocolate bites (my love) and completely void of milk chocolate (the only kind of chocolate he likes. I'd argue that milk chocolate isn't real chocolate, but that's not the point)....so I remedied my mistake yesterday. I totally rocked the milk chocolate re-stock for my love.

On Saturday, the girls were playing outside in the back. They've started getting friendly with our next door neighbor, Nancy, when she's out in her garden. Nancy is a lovely woman who has raised two girls of her own, so I know she doesn't mind their chatter, but still, I try to keep them out of her hair a bit. I can see them when they are talking to Nancy since her garden is close to the playset, so all is well there. After some time of outdoor play, Jillian came in. I looked and saw that A was still out there, so I went about my business. Then I realized I hadn't checked on her in awhile and couldn't find her. She wasn't out back, she wasn't out front, she wasn't in the house. I went back out the front and walked farther into the yard, turned my head, and saw my little baby down at the end of the cul-de-sac (two houses down) just walking around another neighbor's house. Yikes! Thank goodness the traffic is low 'round these parts, because I'm pretty sure her street smarts are poor. Her excuse for going down there? "I just wanted to say hi, Mom". No one was outside there, so I guess she just felt confident in her neighborly ways and wanted to knock on the door. At any rate, I am NOT rockin' parental supervision for outdoor play! Oops!

Jillian, however, IS rockin' Adrienne supervision because as the girls were playing upstairs after school yesterday she came racing down the stairs and into the kitchen--"Mom! Hurry! Adrienne is going to cut her hair!" Ahhh! This is a rite of passage I'd like to skip. I started shouting from where I was "STOP, ADRIENNE!!! DO NOT CUT YOUR HAIR!" as I ran up the stairs. I found her in a heap of tears, holding scissors in her room (contraband she stole from Jillian), "I'm sorry mommy! I didn't do it! I'm sorry!" Whew.


This kid. She is rockin' at ornery behavior and confident self expression in swimwear.  The end.

3 comments:

  1. So funny those girls! Strep throat how I remember those days! Thank God for the pink stuff! Love this outfit Adrienne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny those girls! Strep throat how I remember those days! Thank God for the pink stuff! Love this outfit Adrienne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever think to call your pediatric nurse sister about s/s of strep??? :)

    ReplyDelete