template

Monday, June 8, 2015

Weekend Snippets

Jillian went to a birthday party on Saturday afternoon. She enjoyed a Barbie dress up photo booth and came home with a goody bag full of big girl stuff--nail polish, gum, bracelets, orange sparkly lip gloss (we had to have application lessons for the kind of lip gloss that you squeeze from a tube, versus the chapstick type she's used to), and rose colored glasses. Yes, this child loves how the world looks through them.

She loves them so much, in fact, that she wore them the entire rest of the day and into the evening as we went to the Sellon's for dinner. These 4 (J and Isaac are 5 weeks apart--and have known each other since infancy-- and A and Luke are 6 weeks apart) had some major good clean naughty dirty kid fun as their parents sipped wine, chatted and dined al fresco. The kids all required clothes changes (some more than once. Adrienne.) because they played in mud (to quote Jillian, "We made poop stew"), splashed each other with water, and ran around like hooligans dripping purple popsicles from their chins.



Adrienne kind of surprised me when she came downstairs yesterday and proclaimed, "I'm going to sketch Cinderella". And she did.

This makes me smile.

And man, oh man. After planting 5 peony bushes and waiting for a few years to see them really develop, I am reveling in their beauty. My grandma loved them and I always think of her when I see and smell them. They make me happy.

4 comments:

  1. I love Peony bushes as well. :) Looks like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your peony's are beautiful! say - how do you deal with the little bugs on them when you cut them. i hate bringing those little things inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shake off the ants before I bring them in! it's kind of a pain, but worth it for the glory of those flowers!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete