You just never know what the day will bring when you mother young children. We've had some interesting moments this week. Moments where I thought to myself, "Hmm. Never ever thought I'd be in this particular situation" or "Didn't expect to spend my time this way". Two specific examples, courtesy of my darling second child.....
Tuesday: Despite taking her potty before her swimming lessons, and immediately after, Adrienne proclaimed that she absolutely had to pee and could not wait another second as we waited in the school pickup line, sandwiched between lots of cars, and nowhere to relieve oneself. Now, this has happened once before, and my solution at that time was to have her put on a pullup (I had one in the car) and then pee in that. She proceeded to put the pull up on and tell me that this was a horrible idea, and suddenly she didn't have to go anymore. But, on this occasion, no amount of coaxing or distracting would do. The girl HAD. TO. GO. NOW. I had to think on my feet. I scrounged around the car, praying there would be a secret long lost pull-up from back in the day hiding somewhere. Nope. I contemplated letting her pee outside, for just a split second, but I didn't want to get arrested for public urination (aiding in the crime, I mean) and I knew she'd flip out. So I kept scrounging. And what did I find? A gallon Ziploc bag. I quickly made my plan. Yes, I did. I climbed in the back, told her to pull her pants down, and I held that Ziploc bag under her as she went. Then I zipped it up, threw it in a Target bag, and threw it in the bag. And just like that we were back in business.
Allow me to share some funny pics before I get into story number two. I swear this kid is completely hilarious all the time. Yesterday I looked in the rear view mirror as we sat at a stoplight and I saw this.
 |
| Turtle visor in the eyes. |
As soon as we got home from the above errand, she was quick to don some spandex and hit the playset, because, you know, spandex is a requirement for outdoor play. It wasn't long before she brought me a "plant" she found in the sandbox and planted in the chalk box. That is the most cared for weed on the face of the earth.
Stealing Matt's carbonated beverage after dinner...yes, it had caffeine. This could explain why it's 9 p.m. and she's still awake.
Know anybody else who wears this getup to the dinner table?
And the second little story--from tonight. Matt and I went up to check on the girls in the bathtub. We could hear A screaming about something and Jillian yelling at her. We had a cat fight on our hands, it seemed. We arrived to discover that A had soap in her eyes, and also had just been the victim of necklace snatching. She wore a little pearl necklace into the tub and Jillian ripped it off her Cinderella stepsister style (you know that scene. poor Cinderella is all ready for the ball and those mean sisters just tore her up). So we had a tub full of suds. And little teeny pearl beads. Making use of a towel and strainer, I spent 30 minutes of my precious evening hours retrieving these babies so that they didn't sail down the drain and get stuck somewhere. Just add "pearl diver" to my list of talents.
No comments:
Post a Comment