template

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Things I'm Loving Lately

-How Jillian still addresses me as 'Mama' at least 90% of the time. Pretty sure I only hear "Mom" when she's yelling/angry at me.

-The new cozy huge chair and ottoman we put in the office space. I am over the feelings of loss of the nursery glider, as the girls and I can comfortably snuggle in to read before bed together. We have been reading out of my old "Where The Sidewalk Ends" book of poetry by Shel Silverstein and it is so, so fun to reread favorites of my childhood and introduce them to this. It's a highlight for all of us.

-Jillian has decided she likes to snuggle, and she asks to sit with me just a bit longer after we are done reading. She just lays there and hugs me. It's a wonderful new sensation from such a physically busy kid.

-After deciding they don't 'need' me to sing to them at bed for awhile, the favorite "Jesus Loves Me" is back in action.

-Watching Adrienne during swim lessons. She is so visibly delighted to be doing such a "big girl" activity and she works very hard for Mrs Larson while still managing to be her funny self amidst learning this new skill.

-The way Jillian stands outside the car after I drop her off for school and waves, blows kisses continually until the line moves and I have to drive away. Also how she doesn't get out of the car before kissing not just me, but her sister.

-My time with Adrienne while Jillian is at school. She really is delightful and is good at going with the flow.

-The girls' level of excitement about going to church. Jillian moved up to the elementary school room and she is just over the moon with the amount of learning that now occurs. We tried Saturday night church for the first time last night and stayed for dinner. The girls were extra excited that dessert was an ice cream sundae bar. As the pastor was sitting at our table chatting with us, Adrienne kept exclaiming "I can smell the chocolate! Do you smell that ice cream?!?" I think this will be our new routine, ice cream or not.

-Boot camp. Where has this exercise class been all my life? It is just what I need and I am so happy that my injuries allow me to participate in such an intense form of exercise. I've missed these endorphins. I'm addicted.

1 comment: