Another year has passed, and I am now 36. Yes, that's right--3 dozen years old! Whew. Regardless of the creeping numbers, I always love my birthday. Birthdays are to be enjoyed and celebrated, and it's a good time to reflect on blessings and think about aspirations. It's also the day to freely dictate what you'd like to do (and more importantly in my book--eat!). I did just that.
The day before my birthday, Matt and I had one of our Saturday morning dates. We came home after lunch and the girls surprised me with some fun gifts. Thanks to Eleyna for taking the time to do this for me--so special!
 |
| Plants in kid-decorated pots along with a poem. |
 |
| A list of 25 things the girls love about me--Eleyna said she dictated verbatim. The most hilarious one is #7 (via Adrienne)--"When she hangs up her phone to nap". Lol. Guess the secret is out...I sometimes take a little snooze while we are watching a "rest time" show. |
So today I woke to breakfast and bed--Matt and the girls snuck out to Dunkin Donuts and brought home some yumminess and a "medium skin latte".
 |
| A candle for every dozen years |
We then got ready for church, and I asked Matt to take a couple pics of the girls and I. Jillian decided she wanted to dress like me as much as possible, so I pulled out some polka dot dresses for the girls. Jillian found her little pearls from the wedding and asked me to put her hair in a bun like mine. Adrienne found her pearls from her Halloween costume, and we were ready to roll.
After a great church service we headed downtown for brunch at Chester's, complete with obligatory mimosa. Jillian asked to take a selfie in our booth.
 |
| Matt drew the short straw and had to sit with A (We love you, Adrienne, but sitting next to you at a restaurant is not super pleasant) |
After brunch we headed home for a little rest time. Matt and I both napped while the girls watched a couple episodes of Strawberry Shortcake. Then we loaded up and headed over to "Winds-consin" to try a new-to-us place. The Harbor View Cafe in Pepin was right up my alley--quaint, awesome food, ever changing menu with all scratch food, great live music to listen to as we sat outdoors and waited for our table, and a nice view of the sailboats in the marina.
 |
| Waiting for our table |
 |
| Old people |
 |
| Just chillin' |
 |
| Guess who drew the short straw at dinner?!? |
Matt had swordfish and I enjoyed the halibut. The girls were really very good in the restaurant, but we felt that was about to end, so we unfortunately skipped out on the awesome looking dessert menu in favor of a walk around the marina and then a drive back to Rochester for some Flapdoodles.
 |
| The girls thought this huge chair outside another restaurant was hilarious. |
 |
| I had a bit of trouble getting out of the chair. |
 |
| Going down to touch the water with Matt. |
 |
| Hooray for birthday dessert! An indulgent two-scoop waffle cone at Flapdoodles. Perfect end to a great day. |
No comments:
Post a Comment