Summer may be winding down, but the activities do not seem to be. I just couldn't handle our little weekly schedule this week so we skipped it. But, the girls did spend 4 mornings at JETS gymnastics camp which they both loved. The theme was Olympics, and they handed out a different award to each kid at the end of camp in a ceremony. Adrienne received the "best flipper" award, and Jillian received...wait for it...the "polite award". Almost moved me to tears. In addition to JETS, we continued ice skating, had a swimming lesson, another soccer practice, and then..the craziest weekend of our summer that required some serious scheduling magic to make it all happen. Matt had to work both days, and it just so happened to be the USTA sectionals tournament in St Louis Park. This was only important because my tennis team made the tournament. I really wanted to be able to play, so thanks to the Tauntons (who kept Jillian after Will's birthday party Saturday morning, took her to her first soccer game, cheered for her, photographed her, and brought her home) and Eleyna (who watched A on Saturday and both girls all day Sunday), we made it all happen. Jillian's team, the Falcons (or "velkins" if you are Jillian) won 7-2 on Saturday and my team placed second in our tournament. Highlights for me included lots of girl time gabbing to and from MSP and some post tennis shopping and dinner with teammates, and winning my first ever singles match (I prefer doubles). I played nearly 2 1/2 hours in a battle and won. Yay me! I am especially happy because it means I am learning some patience in my play, which is for sure my biggest barrier in the game of tennis. What a week!
 |
| Lining up for the awards ceremony at JETS. Adrienne spotted me and pointed me out! |
 |
| Receiving her award for "best flipper" |
 |
| High-fiving the teacher |
 |
| Adrienne's class giving a salute |
 |
| Thumbs up to Mom |
 |
| Look at my medal! |
 |
| Jillian waiting for her turn. I just so happened to dress the girls alike this day, she is on the far left in the navy shirt |
 |
| Checking out her medal |
 |
| Salute! |
 |
| This was an interesting incident...Jillian allowed Adrienne to color all over her with markers and then told me she just couldn't get away from her while she was doing it. Right. |
 |
| Saturday morning we hit Quarry Hill for Will's birthday party. We got a nature hike and a tour in the caves, donuts, and lemonade...best party ever! Adrienne attended wearing her shoes on the wrong feet as usual. |
 |
| Heading towards the cave entrance |
 |
| Colored flashlights made this experience extra fun |
 |
| Jillian checking out some wall markings |
 |
| Dumbest picture ever, but the only one I have to mark my win. A crazy, almost cross-eyed selfie I sent Matt after I won and was headed out of the locker room. The old lady still has it....sometimes. |
 |
| My little soccer player. Thank you, Jenni, for this pic! |
 |
| In ready position! |
No comments:
Post a Comment