-We were in line to check out at Hy-Vee last week and I told the girls I was going to get some coffee on the way out. Adrienne started taunting me...."Oh, are you getting a medium SKIN latte? I want a medium SKIN latte, too! Jillian, do you want a medium SKIN latte?" Lots of giggling. I was giggling, too, because though she has heard me order coffee a million times, she doesn't quite hear the word 'skim' correctly.
-Over the weekend at some point Jillian asked me what a "deck kitty" is. I told her it isn't anything, because, what in the world? There is no such thing as a 'deck kitty'. She asked while in the car amidst several conversations, so we all let it go. Last night she asked me again, "Mom, what's a deck kitty?" Again, I told her it was nothing. She persisted this time. "Mom, Adrienne and I are trying to pretend and play 'Sheriff Callie' and I don't know what her helper, a deck kitty, does." I paused for a moment...and then it came to me. She wanted to know what a DEPUTY does. That was a good one.
-As we were strolling through Target yesterday, Adrienne kept pulling at her top, which was a a spaghetti strap tunic over leggings. I told her not to pull it down in the front, basically to keep her clothes on. Then she agreed. "Yeah, Mom, that's right. My boo boos will fall off if I pull my shirt down." Perhaps I can use that reasoning as a scare tactic as she gets older? Gotta keep those boo boos from falling off....
No comments:
Post a Comment