template

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Socks

I may have forgotten to mention that Adrienne has had some privileges returned to her in recent weeks. When she first dove out of her crib at 17 months and needed to be transferred to the toddler bed, we put her dresser in her closet and removed virtually everything else from her room. Additionally, we put a child proof knob covered in duct tape (because child proof knobs are just no match for my amazon women) over the door to her closet, lock the door to the bathroom, etc etc. You know, all the crazy sounding stuff parents do to protect their children outside of placing them in a padded room. Adrienne's dresser has now been returned to its rightful position, much to her delight. She has a lamp and actually some decorative items on it (mostly piggy banks and all the stuff she's made at color me mine and Grammy's house). She also has access to her closet, and I've hung all the dresses in season on the lower rack so she can get dressed by herself in the morning. Additionally, she gets to sleep with the door to her room open. All big stuff. This doesn't come without consequence, however, but for the most part it is manageable. One of the "consequences" to this freedom is that she often changes pajamas several times before falling asleep. I always find her in something different than I left her in when I go up to do my nightly check on the girls before I go to sleep. Lately, she also has socks on her hands. Yes, socks. At first I just assumed she did this because once last winter her skin was so dry that I did put Aquaphor on her hands and put socks over them. But I only did that once. Could it really have made that much of an impression? Last night I finally asked her why she wears socks to bed. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised at the answer: "Because I just want to play like Queen Elsa". Duh, Mom. Elsa does wear gloves to conceal her powers....so it's only fitting that my little queen do the same.
It's 10 p.m. Do you know where your daughter's socks are?

No comments:

Post a Comment