template

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

First Swim

After patiently sitting poolside with me while Jillian took swim lessons every week for the last 2 1/2 years, Adrienne finally got her chance! Mrs Larson agreed to start Adrienne around her third birthday, and she couldn't have been more excited. She looked like a pro as she immediately got in the water with Jan and exclaimed, "I'm going to swim" before jumping off the steps. I was so proud of her for listening so well, and for trying everything Mrs Larson asked her to do. She said she far exceeded her expectations for a first lesson. Jillian had a bit of a hard time waiting her turn next to me (and was annoyed that I wanted to watch Adrienne instead of entertain her), but after I reminded her how much Adrienne had watched her she got into it and started cheering her on.
Learning to turn her head side to side

Listening patiently to instruction

Super happy!

Big, big girl

Post dunk--she went all the way down and touched the bottom before shooting back up! Side note--we are going to Mrs Larson's 80th (80!!!) birthday party this weekend. She is quite a gal.

Adrienne is a blur under the water

Soaking up some praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment