The girls are getting in the Halloween spirit. Via books and some Halloween-ish episodes of their favorite shows (Bubble Guppies and Sofia the First), they are talking about things being "spooky", as well as ghosts, and witches. I'm thankful this is all light hearted still and nothing truly scary has entered in. I'm sure that is coming. Jillian did freak our sitter out the other night when she told her (as she was putting her to bed) that there was a ghost behind her. She didn't elaborate any more than that, and on a dark, windy night I think it did feel a bit creepy to the sitter. Thankfully, Jillian cleared that up the next morning when I asked her about it--"I was just being silly, Mom!" Whew. Today I pulled it together and made some sugar cookies and frosting for the girls to decorate. I will be honest and say that this is not my favorite task to have little hands involved in. I found a cookie pan at Target that was a mold for bone-shaped cookies, so I had to buy it. What better Halloween cookie for an MSK Radiologist than a bone? Jillian thought it was pretty fun to make her dad some "spooky bone skeleton cookies". She was pretty neat in her frosting and sprinkle applications. Adrienne pretty much just ate hers, so this didn't leave much in her bowl for the cookies.
 |
| A's cookies on top, J's creations below. |
I quickly ran to the store to pick up a forgotten ingredient before dinner tonight and Matt decided he'd take the girls out and carve a pumpkin or 2. They were all excited about this when I left. When I returned home, Matt was frazzled and the girls were not "into" the activity anymore. So, he basically carved the pumpkins by himself and we enjoyed watching them as we ate dinner via dimmed "spooky" lighting . Per Jillian's request we have one "goofy" pumpkin and one "scary" pumpkin.
 |
| Actually, we have 3 Jack-o-lanterns, if you count Jillian in her festive apparel. |
 |
| Goofy and scary. Nice work, Matt! |
No comments:
Post a Comment