template

Friday, October 4, 2013

Prayers of the Heart

I love to hear children pray. I have been trying to be more intentional about praying with Jillian at various times (not just at bed or mealtimes). Today I asked her if she prays on her own, or if she ever talks to God without being prompted. She told me, "Of course I do. We are in God's house". Since we were sitting in OUR house, and not a church, I just sort of paused and looked questioningly at her. Then she expanded, "God made all the houses, Mom, so this is his house, too". Got it. Two specific prayers from her today...

*When she was sad that Matt wouldn't be home for dinner--"Dear God, Thank you for this lovely day. Please let Daddy not work so much. And don't let him have to work on my birthday. In your name I pray, Amen".


*At bedtime when she was complaining of a cough--"Dear God, Thank you for this rainy day. For this lovely rainy day. Please help me to feel better tomorrow. And help Adrienne not be so naughty all the time. In your name I pray, Amen".

No comments:

Post a Comment