Two things:
This morning Jillian and I were discussing options for what to bring for show and tell this week. The letter is "L". We tossed around lots of ideas...lion, lemon, lime, lollipop, lace...and then "A light ball, Mom. I think I should take a light ball". Hmmm...."What's a light ball, Jillian?" Then she reaches up for the pendant lights above the counter and said, "You know, Mom, these things that screw into the lights". Um. "You mean a light BULB?". She looked a bit exasperated and said, "NO MOM. A light BALL". Got it.
And at dinner tonight, amidst a conversation where she and Matt were discussing jobs (she is learning about occupations at school this month). Jillian is pretty sure she wants to be an apple picker someday for her job. That is the latest (and I forgot to say that she told Dr V. this when she asked her at her appt last week), and Matt was trying to suggest that maybe she should be a farmer, own an orchard, and hire people to help her pick the apples (instead of just going with it). At one point I got up from the table to take A to the bathroom and I overheard the conversation continue. Matt asked her if she wanted to be the President of the United States someday. She wisely answered "No way". Then he asked her what the president's name is. Without delay, "Ben Broccoli". I guess Barack Obama is just a hard name to remember. After some coaching we got it to "Brocko Bama", but I totally see how she came up with the broccoli part. Definitely a highlight giggle of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment