Besides cleaning up massive amounts of poop, here's what's been going on in our world the last couple of weeks.
-Jillian continues to take calculated fashion risks. On this day it was initiating a theme of birds--owls on the shirt, sparrows on the skirt, while flapping her "wings". Yes, she went to school dressed like this.
-Jillian regularly expresses a desire to be helpful. "Mom, just let me help you". So, I am letting her. One of her jobs is to help Adrienne get dressed. This works really well, and goes over much better than when I am the helper. Win-win.
I accompanied Jillian's class on a field trip to the apple orchard. Precious little kids, very well-run and organized field trip on the orchard's part. Good times.
 |
| Excited for the bus ride |
 |
| Waiting to feed the goats |
 |
| Excited to pet the bunny |
 |
| The afternoon KinderChallenge class--5 boys, 5 girls |
 |
| Wagon ride |
 |
| Listening to a presentation on the proper way to pick apples. Wanna know something crazy? There are three girls sitting right in a row who have parents from the KC area. Jillian, and then the two to her left--her BFF Ella (her mom is from Overland Park) and EmmaClaire to Ella's left (her mom is from Ray-Pec!) |
 |
| Demonstrating proper picking technique |
On Thursday the girls and I headed to Des Moines. We planned a weekend with my family in celebration of my parents' 40th Anniversary (which was Aug 25th). We were able to arrange a time where Shannon could come to Des Moines and take pictures of our whole family as a gift to my parents. It was so wonderful to see her, have time with my family, and I know that she got some fantastic shots. Can't wait to see them. Matt was supposed to have Friday off, but didn't get it, so my dad kindly offered to help out. He drove to Rochester Thursday morning, left his car for Matt, and then rode back to Des Moines Thursday afternoon with the girls and I. Matt drove Dad's car down Friday after work and then we were all able to ride home in one car on Sunday. Pretty nice Dad I have, huh?
 |
| My mom has trouble controlling herself when we all come home. 4 kinds of cookies, a 3 layer German Chocolate cake, and (not pictured) turtle ice cream pie. Cray-Z. |
 |
| Two little princesses watching a show |
 |
| Sweet, messy Bryce |
 |
| Friendly water play among cousins on an unexpectedly hot day |
 |
| Hi, Jack |
 |
Upon our return home, Adrienne placed this robe tie around her neck (like a scarf) and said, "Look, I'm Aunt Mal!" Pretty sweet imitation. Keen observation skills, as Aunt Mal did wear a couple scarves over the weekend.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment