Last night Matt and I were discussing the development of longer stretches of play between the girls. I am grateful for these windows of time--I never know when they will occur, or how long they will last--but grateful, nonetheless. In recent days, I've observed doctor/hospital play (using Jillian's bed as the hospital bed). Jillian is always the doctor, and Adrienne is always the patient. Sometimes a stuffed animal gets the treatment, too, but the guinea pig is most often a none-the-wiser Adrienne. Yesterday, they spent a lot of time playing "home", which meant Jillian discovered Adrienne, who apparently didn't have a mother, and took her home (to her room) to take care of her. Part of this scenario also included a "sleepover" in which both girls did a fantastic job pretending to be asleep. Regardless of the game being played, Jillian is the boss who makes the rules clear--and Adrienne is expected to follow them, or else!
 |
| The mother attending to her orphan |
 |
| Time for some sleep |
I think this sleeping on the floor idea really stuck with Adrienne, because she decided to test it out at bedtime. I didn't know this until I had a startling moment upon my nightly late night check of the girls.
 |
| Where is my child? |
 |
| This looks suspicious |
 |
| Aha! |
Their relationship reminds me of two other girls I know!
ReplyDeleteI know. I am reliving lots of memories as I watch them. It's so sweet(when they are not screaming and hair pulling/slapping) and I'm so thankful they have each other.
DeleteMaybe you should have a 3rd girl to complete the family! =)
ReplyDelete