template

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Field Tripping

I had the pleasure of accompanying Jillian's class on their end of year field trip to Oxbow Zoo today. Out of the 13 kids, 10 had one or both parents present on the field trip--that is a pretty awesome level of involvement, if you ask me. It was a beautiful day, and the kids were super excited (and a bit confused) when they saw their "school bus" pull up.


Apparently the school bus company didn't get the memo about the reservation...thank goodness the local trolley company could step in. It was lots of fun!

Ready for a trolley ride to the zoo!


Our mission: find each animal and mark it off with a sticker. Like blackout bingo for animal sightings.

Hanging out by the bear while he ate a snack

Laughing at the prairie dogs

Silly prairie dogs were out for snack time, too!
After the field trip, I rushed to pick up Adrienne and we headed downtown for a spontaneous lunch with a high school friend I hadn't seen since she graduated 20 years ago (we played basketball together when I was a freshman and she was a senior)! Just about the time I think Facebook is ridiculous and am ready to quit it, something like this happens. I never would have reconnected with Lena (who lives in VA now and was here with her dad for some Clinic appts) if I hadn't been Facebook friends with her and hadn't seen her post about coming to Rochester. It was pretty cool, and so wonderful to catch up and talk about our kids (same ages) and husbands (both physicians). The time together was a gift, and I'm so glad I let go of the "routine" of the nap dance with A to make this happen. A fun memory made!
We still look 14 and 17, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment