I am learning to keep my comments about Jillian's clothing selections to myself. For one, I think it's important to let her express herself and try out her ideas (within reason, of course) about matching or what she feels good in. But another reason has recently presented itself--she now offers unsolicited fashion advice/commentary to me. In fact, I have two documented instances just this week.
Tuesday: She walked into the bathroom and exclaimed "Nice pajamas, Mom!" This would have been considered a compliment if I had actually been wearing pajamas. I was feeling pretty hip in my floral print chambray and turquoise toothpick jeans. So much for "dressing" up in something other than yoga pants for the day!
Friday: I walked into the kitchen dressed for Bible study and she said, "Whoa Mom. Um, I don't think the grown-up girls are going to like that shirt very much". I asked her if she liked the shirt, and she replied, "Well, I like the yellow and the white...but not that other color". Note to self: Jillian isn't a fan of navy.
 |
| The offending shirt. Admittedly a bit busy, but appropriately Springy. I actually got several compliments on it, thankyouverymuch. |
No comments:
Post a Comment