template

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Weekend Material

Sometimes I go for days and can't think of anything to post about, and others, I just can't keep up. The last 24 hrs have been like that. Random musings and pics from our weekend so far....

Jillian...

-Woke me up yesterday by coming to my bedside (as usual) and then saying, "Mom, I need a hug. Your hugs are just so comfy"

-While getting ready for bed Friday night decided to share her reasoning with me regarding her pajama selection: "I'm going to wear these Halloween pajama pants. They have stars on them, so I should wear them because I'm a star!" Confidence is no issue here.

-We are working on letter sounds. Matt was doing some "school time" with her last night and asked her what 'sheep' started with. Her response: "Dad, you're trying to trick me. There's no letter that makes the "sh" sound!" Can't fool her...

-We went out to lunch yesterday after running some errands. The perk of this place is that they have peanuts to  shell and enjoy (read entertain preschoolers) while you wait, and no one cares about the mess your toddler leaves on the floor afterwards. Jillian definitely had her fair share of peanuts while she waited for her lunch.





Adrienne......

-Is running. Everywhere. She is suddenly super fast.

-Refused to take a nap yesterday. I didn't respond to her pleas through the monitor until I heard. "Mommy. Poo-pee Di-per. Mommy. Di-per. Poo-pee" Sure enough, she was.

-Is starting to sing at bedtime with me. The song here is always "Jesus Loves Me". Tonight, I said, "Let's sing" and she immediately said, "Jee-seh. Wuvs You". Close! After I sang to her at nap time today, she sang back "Bi-buh me so" (A-speak for 'Bible tells me so')

-Has developed a strong attachment to Jillian's Curious George doll. She wants George to wear a diaper and carries him everywhere. She has thrown hissy fits the last two nights because I won't let her sleep with him (he's just too big and she's too small). This morning she absolutely would not get in her high chair to eat because I, once again, would not let her hold him while she ate (I'm so mean, aren't I? I really do like George). Daddy saved the day with his idea. George got his own seat right next to Adrienne (and a spoon to hold), and suddenly she was ready for French toast and bananas after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment