This year I decided that Jillian is old enough to follow an Advent calendar, and think it will also help with the continual questioning about "is it Christmas Eve tonight?" I happened to chat with my friend, Jaci, today and she inspired me to make a calendar similar to the one she had made. I am not crafty AT ALL, but I think this turned out pretty cute....and I did have a little help from our elf, Simon.
template
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Deck The Halls, Etc.
We put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving, before Matt left for a week in Chicago (grumble, grumble, grumble from this old wife...oh how I'd love to spend a week Christmas shopping in Chicago. To be fair, he isn't shopping. Well, not all the time.). Anyhow, it was the perfect way to fill a cold afternoon inside. We tried a different location this year, as Adrienne is the perfect tree-wrecking age and we now have some furniture in front of the big windows. The tree is happily perched in the office nook area upstairs, which keeps it out of reach, yet it is still visible from around the house and downstairs thanks to the open floor plan/glass railings. Jillian was beside her self with excitement over placing each ornament on the tree. Matt handed her the ornaments one by one and she carefully decided where they should go. I am not sure why, but she insisted on wearing her Minnie Mouse costume as we did this. She made us laugh continually by calling the ornament hooks "hookers". For example, "Hey Dad, this one doesn't have a hooker!" or my favorite, "Adrienne, you need to ask Dad to get you a hooker for this one". Oh dear. Matt repeatedly tried to explain to her that they were called hooks, and that a hooker was something we would explain to her when she was much, much, much older (because she kept asking exactly what a 'hooker' was if it wasn't what you put on an ornament!). Never a dull moment, I tell ya.
This year I decided that Jillian is old enough to follow an Advent calendar, and think it will also help with the continual questioning about "is it Christmas Eve tonight?" I happened to chat with my friend, Jaci, today and she inspired me to make a calendar similar to the one she had made. I am not crafty AT ALL, but I think this turned out pretty cute....and I did have a little help from our elf, Simon.
This year I decided that Jillian is old enough to follow an Advent calendar, and think it will also help with the continual questioning about "is it Christmas Eve tonight?" I happened to chat with my friend, Jaci, today and she inspired me to make a calendar similar to the one she had made. I am not crafty AT ALL, but I think this turned out pretty cute....and I did have a little help from our elf, Simon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment