This was a big week in the world of language development for Adrienne. She added a bunch of new words, improved her pronunciation of current ones, and used her first two-word phrase.
The list of new ones, as my feeble mom brain remembers:
-applesauce (appa-sauce)
-pizza (she exclaimed "pee--tsuh!" when I set a piece in front of her)
-elephant ("eh-punt", usually followed by a dramatic impression of the sound it makes)
-hat (emphasis on the "t")
-yuck (uses appropriately when she finds something on the floor, etc)
-book (old word, but now she pronounces the "k")
-milk (another oldie, but all the sounds are now present)
And the first two-word phrase out of Adrienne's mouth......"poo-pee bi-per" (poopy diaper). Yes, she had one! Since that development, she's also said "seep sack" (sleep sack), and when I gave her some motrin before bed one night (darn eye teeth), she dutifully took it and then said "dood dirl" (took me a second to realize she said 'good girl'--I do always say that after I give her any form of medicine! She's pretty sharp).
Lastly, she surprised me by saying "too, free" (two, three) after I started counting the babies in her book on a whim one evening. Let the language explosion begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment