Cousin Jack (and his parents, Aunt Meggie and Uncle D) came up to MN over the weekend, and it was so fun to see the kids get reacquainted and spend time together. Jack had grown so much since Christmas and really is turning into a little man, which is a good thing because his little brother will be arriving in November. We are so excited for another cousin! I contemplated sending all my baby girl clothes home with them (because they didn't know they were having another boy until today), so I am glad I didn't make them haul the bins home unnecessarily.
We spent the weekend mostly wrangling the kids and ensuring they got to bed on time (or early, if possible) so that we could spend the evening chatting outside on the deck chatting the night away. I always feel a little sad anytime either of my sisters depart, but I felt more so that way this time in relation to the kids. I wish circumstances were different so that we could be closer and have our kids see each other frequently, help with childcare when needed, and experience daily joys/frustrations of child rearing. Maybe someday.
Thanks for coming to visit, Jack Robbers (what Jillian calls Jack Robert), we love you bunches!
.JPG) |
| Jack and A...a little water play on a hot day |
|
|
 |
| Jack and Uncle D on the trail at Oxbow Park |
 |
| Sisters in the wagon at Oxbow Zoo |
 |
| Jack and A loved riding in the wagon together. They went on several "safaris" with Matt around our property, and spent most of their time at the zoo riding in it. |
|
|
.JPG) |
| We babysat Jack while his parents enjoyed dinner out for their 5th Anniversary. He didn't look thrilled about the pink bib I put on him at supper...sorry, buddy, pink is all we know around here! |
No comments:
Post a Comment