template

Thursday, July 26, 2012

10 Minutes

Jillian can cover a lot of conversational ground in a 10 minute drive home. On Tuesday, I picked her up from preschool camp, and here is what we discussed in a short few minutes  (and in this order)....

We started talking about toys, then the conversation shifted to how she had too many toys and she remembered that I have told her more than once that we need to box some up and give them to kids who don't have any, and the conversation continued...
J: "Mom, they might not have a family. They didn't have a family. What are they going to do??"
M: "I'm not sure, what do you think they will do?"
J: "Well, they could just ask God to help them. That's a great idea."

Adrienne suddenly shrieks and giggles
J: "Mom, A is crazing me out!"
M: "What?"
J: "She is really crazing, Mom. I'm crazed out"

A new song comes on the radio:
J: "Mom, what's the name of this song?"
M: "We Are Young"
J:, "Well, I was young when I was a baby. Right Mom?" then quickly changes the subject...
J: "You know, if a dog is nervous you ask to pet it".
M: "Yes, that's a good idea. Who told you that?"
J: "I know it myself. You know some dogs are nervous, like a dragon, a lion, or a hippo. You can't pet a hippo, Mom"
M: "Oh really? Why?"
J: "Because they roar like a lion"

J: "I don't want to be a police when I grow up, I just want to be a mommy ice skater. Is that ok?"
M: "Well of course. You can be what you want to be"
J: "I just don't think I like police, so I don't want to be one"
M: "OK, but why don't you like police?"
J: "Mom they will take you away. They take you to jail".
M: "Yes, they take people to jail when they do very bad things, but they also help people"
J: "That's right. And I like police girls better than policemen. They are prettier".

And just like that we were home! Whew!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment