template

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

12 Month Stats

Adrienne had her 12 month appt with Dr V yesterday. She was her usual charming self, only breaking character for about 20 seconds after her three shots (MMR, Hepatitis A, and Chicken Pox vaccines). Dr V could not get over how pleasant she was during the exam, and the nurse could barely keep her focus on updating computer forms because Adrienne was so engaging. Here are her stats, and some current developmental highlights:

 Height: just shy of 31 inches (88%)
Weight: 22 lbs 7 oz (66%)
Head: 89%

Adrienne crawls fast, cruises on furniture, climbs up stairs, pushes her doll stroller around, gets up from the floor and stands alone, and will even do some squats. She has done everything but walk. With some prodding, she will move one foot forward and then sit. The ability is there, she just has to decide she isn't scared to take her first real steps. Adrienne is also starting to climb. She is close to being able to get up on the couch, and I have caught her standing on an overturned plastic container trying to escape the "baby jail".

Adrienne has a lot of teeth. I have stopped counting because she seriously looks like she has a mouthful, and where there are spaces left, I can see white lines beginning to appear. Her left bottom 1 year molar is fully present, and the right one popped through this week.

Adrienne is able to use a pincer grasp to pick up small objects (and she can find whatever minuscule object you missed when "Adrienne proofing" a play space), points to people and things with her index finger and loves to put objects in containers and take them out again (over and over and over).

Adrienne is quite the talker these days! She has such inquisitive facial expressions and intonation in her voice. She can pretty much get her point across with hand gestures, sounds and facial expressions, and I witnessed her use this method to tell her dad to go get the book she had in the other room the other day. She was quite clear--I heard "buh" (her word for 'book') as she pointed to the door of our bedroom, then back at herself, and repeated it until he said, "Oh, you want me to get the book?". She giggled hysterically. Adrienne does have several true words and approximations:
-Jiji (Jillian's nickname. I can even say, "Let's go get your sister from school" and she gets excited and shouts, "Jiji"!)
-Moh (more)
-Muh (milk)
-Mama
-Dah-dee (daddy)
-kee (kitty)
-buh (book)
-ber (diaper)
-wah (waffle)
-soo (shoe)
-baaa (bath)
-cheezzz (cheese!)
-nana (banana)
-nigh nigh (either in reference to her lovey, or "good night")
-bye bye (almost always accompanied by a wave)
-no (when pointing to her nose, it means "nose", otherwise, she screams "NO!" and she means it!)

Adrienne is a great eater overall. She has started to limit her preferences as toddlers often do, but for the most part, she is pretty agreeable. She prefers fruits over vegetables, and like her sister, has an intense love for dairy products. She is not a meat eater, which doesn't surprise me given that we haven't been eating much meat at home in recent months (and when we do, I'm not inclined to share my steak with her just yet!). She did try some of Jillian's cheeseburger last week, but the experience wasn't met with much enthusiasm. She loves noodles of any kind like her 'ol mom, and is especially fond of pesto. She is starting to want to use the spoon to feed herself, and can drink out of an open cup with a little bit of help. As of last week, she is fully weaned, and only drinks whole milk out of the sippy cup. As an aside, I wasn't prepared for how sad/emotional I would feel when she was done nursing. She looked at me like I was crazy and then giggled when I tearfully said, "I guess we're done, huh?".  She really is a big girl now.

Adrienne is finally sleeping well at night. She goes to bed easily around 7 after bath, a couple books, and our usual song (always giving me sweet kisses as she says "nigh nigh"), and usually is up between 6-7 a.m. She is pretty much down to one 2ish hour nap per day, but if we are home and she got up early, she will take a short morning nap as well. When I pick her up each morning, she always wraps her arms around me tightly and gives the nicest heart-melting hugs.

In short--we have ourselves one delightful, charming, sensitive, snuggly, happy, social, intensely sweet one year old. What a doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment