template

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Goo

Adrienne melts my heart frequently with her sweetness, but tonight she just turned it straight to a mush of goo in one instant. I was nursing her at bedtime as usual when she reached up to play with my hair. This happens occasionally, and I find it to be one of those mothering moments that makes all the hard stuff seem worth it at the end of the day. She could have stopped there and I would have had my "feel good" moment to last me awhile. But she didn't. She suddenly looked up at me, stopped nursing, smiled, put her arm around my neck, and literally sat up to give me a big 'ol kiss. Instant tears from this mom. I am going to try and remember that moment when she is a teenager and professes her undying hatred for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment