template

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

We enjoyed a pretty low key Easter, as Matt was stuck working most of the day. He always seems to draw the short straw on this holiday, and I really can't think of the last Easter he had completely free. Anyhow, the girls and I spent our tenth (yep, I counted) consecutive day together with no structured activities as Spring Break came to a close. We dabbled in the kitchen most of the day preparing for dinner, and passing time until Matt got home. About three o'clock we heard the doorbell ring. Seconds later Matt came in through the garage full of excitement as he told Jillian he just saw the Easter bunny in our driveway (actually, he told her he almost hit him with his car). She quickly ran outside to check.
 We must have just missed him, but he did leave behind some Easter goodies.
 Jillian quizzed her dad about the close encounter with the EB, and listened intently to him recount the story.

 Then she was ready to check out the goods
 She gave them a smile of approval.
When Adrienne woke from her nap, Jillian kindly assisted her in checking out her basket, and I did my best to get some cute shots of the sisters on Adrienne's first Easter.






 After snapping about thirty, I got the one I wanted. Bingo.
Our dinner guests soon arrived, and we enjoyed the evening with friends. The Easter Bunny even thought to hide some eggs for the big kids. They were hid so well that both a radiologist and an orthopedic surgeon combined were unable to recover them all. Ha!

The egg hunters: Will, Rachel, and Jillian


Scouring the yard

Opening the egg carefully so the quarters wouldn't escape!

We closed out the evening with laughs all around as the dads forced the moms to try driving the lawn tractor. I never would have suspected to be so entertained by that activity, but the novelty of this machinery for Matt just hasn't worn off  yet. As the author of this blog I reserve the right to leave those rather hilarious video clips out of this post. Happy Easter to all!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you guys all spent Easter together, so nice when you don't have family around. Miss all 8 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love J's hair bows on Easter. =) She just gets funnier with her curiosity. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete