template

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

9 Month Stats

Adrienne had her 9 month well-child check this morning, and since it is Spring Break week around here, Jillian came along for the ride. Adrienne weighs 18 lbs 8 oz (43%) and 28.5 inches long (78%). Her head circumference came in at 78% as well. Jillian was very disappointed to learn that Adrienne didn't need any shots at this visit, as she was prepared to hold her hand so they didn't hurt. Dr. V and I chatted about the sleep subject, and she kindly reminded me that Adrienne does not need me in the night anymore, and eats plenty during the day to fill her up for a full night's sleep. That was just the ammunition I needed to firm up my expectations. I have been soft in recent weeks out of fatigue, frustration, and the desire to preserve as much sleep for everyone in our house as possible. It's time for me to put forth a bit of tough love and prevail in this arena...always easier said than done!

No comments:

Post a Comment