template

Monday, March 12, 2012

Emerging Companions

I am starting to get glimpses of just how much fun it will be to watch these two girls grow into true companions. Jillian often asks to play with Adrienne, adding that she promises to "play nicely", and Adrienne clearly LOVES any attention Jillian throws her way. I had a couple of joyful moments over the weekend where I thought to myself, "this is what my mom must have experienced with us girls". I try to remember sweet moments like these on the days when our house is full of chaos and crankiness.

First, Adrienne has now officially graduated to the "big girl bathtub" and on most days, takes a bath with Jillian. This delights them both, and really makes for an easy transition upstairs at night. Adrienne literally squeals with joy as she frantically crawls toward the tub--apparently her excitement over a big girl bath outweighs her dislike for crawling bare-kneed on the tile floor. This girl loves to splash! I love how Jillian persists in asking Adrienne a question, despite the lack of answer. She is certainly not afraid to fill any silence with her voice.

Jillian asked to feed Adrienne lunch yesterday, and the two had a great time with the activity. I could tell that Jillian felt so helpful and proud to be entrusted with the task, and Adrienne ate up her yogurt in no time. It was extra messy...but also extra fun!


Adrienne must understand some beauty benefit of yogurt, as she didn't seem to mind this face mask

No comments:

Post a Comment