template

Monday, March 26, 2012

Dont' Be Fooled

Girls, I am going to let you in on a a little secret about your dad so listen up. If you haven't figured it out already, you will soon learn that he has a serious issue with the state of counter tops. In his perfect world, all counter tops would always be free and clear of any object, piece of paper, or toy. It drives him batty. In the same breath, I am here to remind you that he is oblivious to dirt or crumbs on said counter tops--they could be covered in spilled milk, yet free of paper piles, and he would be a happy man. I, on the other hand, am the opposite. I do not mind the occasional necessary piles (out of sight out of mind applies to me...I'd never get anything done if I didn't have some paper on that counter at times), yet am frantic about dirt, germs, spills, etc. We try to keep the banter about this issue to a minimum and on the lighthearted side. If you see me rolling my eyes, it's because I find it amusing that this is such a big deal for him, and honestly think there are much bigger things to focus on than the counter top. You get the idea. So, today, I paid your dad a little unexpected visit at work. He had an administrative afternoon, so was in his office instead of a reading room. I came to deliver coffee and look what I found...
Yes, this is the look of a man who has been caught in a lie, and is guilty of holding his wife to a double standard. Check out the top of that desk, girls--covered with piles, papers, and in a state of overall disorganization! The truth is out, dear! I am so glad to finally have a bit of ammunition the next time I hear that the stuff on the kitchen counter--stuff that is necessary to me in doing my "job"--is driving you crazy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment