Matt just arrived home from a week in Maui all by himself. Don't feel sorry for him. The timing of the conference was just too close to our already-planned Disney trip, so the girls and I took one for the team and stayed behind. I am happy to say we had a successful 8 days and 7 nights together, without too much drama or out of the ordinary excitement. Whew. Our week in pictures....
Hot new breakfast around these parts--Teddy Bear Toast. Daily requests come flying in.
Some weekend playground time at school.
Painting some pumpkins...
On Sunday we went to church followed by brunch with friends. When I picked Adrienne up from her class she proudly showed me a collage she made depicting the two things she is thankful for--her sister, and cake.
She also made an octopus. It's my favorite octopus ever.
Jillian was very excited to see 'the red moon'. I promised them I'd wake them when it was red (long past their bedtime) and take them out to see it. I did my best to rouse my heavy sleepers, but it was impossible. I physically got them both up, and they laid right back down. So I had to enjoy the eclipse all by myself and show them the picture the next morning.
Adrienne and I made over the craft closet while Jillian was at school on Monday. It was in bad shape.
Ah....much better.
On Tuesday, I accompanied Adrienne and her preschool class on a fieldtrip to the apple orchard. Obligatory bus selfie.
The closest we came to medical intervention during the week--a neck injury for Adrienne after Jillian threw a rock at her. Yes, really. Jillian defended this accident by saying they were playing "Rock Fight", a new game she made up--the rules are you put your bike helmets on and then throw rocks at each other's heads. Say WHAT?!? We had a swift conversation about why that is NOT a good game to play, especially when you clearly don't have an accurate throw! Thankful that this was all that happened.
Jillian has a new found love for the Berenstein Bears. This makes me happy because I enjoyed these books so much as a kid. She decided to make a picture of them and tape it on her bedroom wall.
On Wednesday, Adrienne and I spent the entire day getting out hats/mittens/cooler weather clothing and putting away summer clothes (sniff). After we picked up Jillian from school the girls played outside and then just insisted they eat dinner picnic style , not on a blanket, not on our nice patio set, but in the wagon that they shoved far under the pine tree to create their "clubhouse".
On Thursday, I had myself a fun little afternoon with Jenni and baby Jack while the girls were at school. We went to eat sushi, went shoe shopping, and then enjoyed coffee at a new super cool retro hipster-heaven stop at the Kutzky Market. I'm so glad Jenni had another baby so that I could love on him.
Thursday evening we had Sara, Isla and baby Lily over to play. Sadly, I took no pictures. They brought over a Costco pizza and we enjoyed dinner and showing Isla all the big girl FROZEN toys we own. The girls loved playing with her and I loved snuggling with baby Lily. It was a baby-snuggling day for me!
On Friday, I surprised the girls with a little 'Friday Funday' activity--Flapdoodles after school!
Matt arrived home this afternoon, and he came bearing some gifts from "Hawaii" (actually Wal-Mart in Inver Grove--he realized the girls don't care about the stuff he'd bring back from Hawaii since they've been there before, but they'd probably really just love a new toy, so he stopped on his way back from the airport. He's pretty smart.) He made them close their eyes......
Better than any Hawaiian gift for these girls....Disney Descendants dolls. Love the jaw-drop on Jillian here.
And jumping for joy!
Daddy is quite a guy.
Daddy also brought home his crazy awesome tooth-pulling skills. Finally, after months of a wiggly front tooth, this girls gets her third visit from the tooth fairy tonight.
I'm going to be in big trouble for this, but I can't resist. Makes me laugh every single time I look at it. He's promised me he'll never wear it out of the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment