template

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Disney Springs

Wednesday was our last day in Florida. It was Matt's day to speak at the conference, so the girls and I had the morning to fill. We had breakfast, did Jillian's vacation journal, watched a little TV, then headed down to the pool once it got warm enough.

 Running down the hotel hall away from me.

Ready for some pool time.



We went to the family pool this time. It was a nice big pool with zero depth entry and an infinity pool. I took this picture about 1 minute before Adrienne tried to drown herself. Thankfully, I am fast.




We decided to have lunch poolside, so Jillian took it upon herself to read the menu to A.





It rained on and off the next couple of hours, but not enough to keep us out of the pool. Soon it was time to head up and clean up to get ready to go down to Disney Springs (formerly called Downtown Disney) to shop and to meet Aunt Angela for dinner.





Matt has the girls trained to jump on elevators right before it stops. They had so much fun doing this every single ride, so I had to take a few pics.





We made it to Disney Springs, and soon we were reunited with Aunt Angela! It was so good to see her and spend the evening with her. We had a delicious dinner at Morimoto Asia (yes, that's Iron Chef Morimoto's place), and then walked through a sea of people to Ghiradelli's for dessert.





Adrienne had Aunt Angela laughing at her various "eyes". These are 'Maleficent Eyes'

After showing her vanilla face, here was her 'chocolate face'. She is still consistent with this little game.

The highlight entertainment for us was when we walked by a DJ dance party for kids. Adrienne and Jillian really got out there and cut a rug--especially A. Soon, the DJ announced that they were going to have a dance contest, where a kid needed a partner and they were going to go through 20 songs (pieces of them) and do different dances. Jillian suddenly became shy, but A really wanted to participate, so her dad saved the day. Angela, Jillian, and I had soooo much fun watching the dancing duo! I have far to many videos to show, so I'll just leave it at some pics.






What a dancing pair! Sadly, they did not get chosen for the finals, but they were winners to us. So fun!



It was late and everyone was tired, so we took a few pics with Aunt Angela and then bid her farewell.





As we walked back into the hotel lobby, I had to pause and snap a couple pics of the gorgeous crystal chandeliers.



On Thursday morning, I opened curtains, ate breakfast, packed our suitcases, and made as much noise as possible....and no one stirred. Not even Matt.

I finally roused the sleepyheads, and we were off for the airport...but not before J finally lost her other front tooth!


To conclude the posts documenting this trip, I will leave you with my favorite kid quip of the week. On this last day, I was in the bathroom near the pool with Adrienne because she "had snakes". As I was wiping her, she suddenly inquired--"Mom? Do you think Cinderella has to wipe the stepsisters' bottoms or do they do that for themselves?" I of course asked her to repeat that while I choked back my giggle, and then I answered that I hoped they could do that for themselves since they were grown ups. And Adrienne responded, "Well I sure hope they can do it themselves. Cinderella shouldn't have to do EVERYTHING!" Amen to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment