We had the chance to return to Disney World this year, as Matt was asked to speak at a conference. Since we had so much fun last year and know that our girls are likely approaching the end of the princess-loving stage, we jumped at the chance. I have many stories and pictures to share, so for the sake of not overwhelming any reader (or myself in the face of the large task), I'm breaking this trip up into several posts.
We left on Saturday, October 17th. I was excited to use my TSA precheck number for the first time...and boy, that was a breeze! No shoes off, no baggies of liquid out of the bag, no jacket off...awesome. The bummer (and slightly humorous) situation was that Matt's secretary forgot to put his number on his ticket, so he took Adrienne through the loooong line, and Jillian and I sped through the pre-check line and coasted to our gate with lots of time to wait. Adrienne was my flying buddy, and the flight was a breeze. Thanks to the individual screens with gobs of choices for all members of the family, I hardly even knew I was traveling with kids!
It took awhile for our bags to get off the plane, thanks to a broken baggage truck. Some people weren't liking it.
We finally got our bags and our rental car, then headed towards the resort to check in and grab a late lunch. Here is where I will pause and scream the praises of the Four Seasons Orlando: this place was off the charts. Never have I loved a hotel so much (and that is saying A LOT because we all know I hate hotels). It opened just one year ago and is sparkling clean, fabulously and simply decorated, and super quiet (not teeming with crowds like everything else in Orlando). It is also one of the most family friendly places we've stayed with extraordinarily nice staff. So, Four Seasons Orlando I heart you.
The girls were given backpacks when we arrived....traipsing back to the room to change after eating lunch.
Look what we found upon our arrival: chocolate lollipops and a note telling the girls their milks were chilling in the fridge. Fancy!
The discovery of the TV in the bathroom mirror was almost too much excitement to bear.
We spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying the pool facilities. We had a lazy river to enjoy, water slides, splash pad, and other pools. The best part is that nothing was crowded. All gorgeous and fabulous.
Matt and Jillian played a little basketball...
Not your everyday splash pad...
View of the waterslide tower....
Here comes Adrienne on the right, Jillian on the left.
Can you spot Adrienne?
Matt was fascinated by these gourd-like chairs near the lazy river.
The view from our balcony on the 14th floor. Can you see the Epcot ball on the left? Hollywood Studios on the right. We had a great view of the fireworks display!
Waiting for the the fireworks show while Jillian wrote in her vacation journal her teacher gave her.
Earlier in the evening we dined at Ravello, an Italian restaurant in our hotel. The wine was good, the spaghetti was house-made, and the gelato for dessert was kid-approved.
No comments:
Post a Comment