Some gems from this past week....
-While waiting in the pickup line to get Jillian, Adrienne suddenly bestows some new-to-her knowledge upon me, "Mom! Zero is the same as nothing!"
-I walked through the living room to get my laptop out of the cabinet last night while the girls were watching a show. Adrienne casually says, "Sorry about the smell, Mom. I just tooted."
-After picking Adrienne up from her classroom on Tuesday, we went to the bathroom before getting in the car to go and wait in the ever-dreaded, far-too-long pick up line to get Jillian. As we were both doing our business in separate stalls (this is how I know I have big kids--they go in their own stalls!), Adrienne begins a pressing conversation, "Mom. If you had the best piece of cake ever, would you keep it for yourself or give it to someone else?" I paused, unsure if she really had just asked me that question. And then I asked her to repeat it, and she did. "Ummmmm.....well, Adrienne, what would you do if you?" Without hesitation, "I'd give it to someone else. We are supposed to give people things. I learned that in school today." (And just in case you are wondering, I told her I'd give her my piece of cake.)
-Jillian has a storybook about each Disney princess and it includes pages of questions for the reader to fill out--Questions such as, "How am I like Cinderella?" and so on. Jillian takes this type of thing seriously, so it's taken her a long time to fill each page out. She brought the book to me the other day and showed me her progress, and then flipped to the page that asks questions about 'her prince'. "Mom, I don't know how to fill this out. I guess I'm just going to have to take this to school and ask Nathan to answer these questions!"
-Yesterday morning as we were driving to school I was scrolling through the radio ad nauseam as per usual and "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" came on. I reminded them that this is one of my favorite songs from my childhood and suggested that maybe it should be our theme song for when Matt is working late or traveling. They laughed and agreed, and the song played on. Suddenly Jillian pipes up, "You know, Mom, the song is right. That's all that girls really do want."
No comments:
Post a Comment