template

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Rewind:Celebrating Six

Now that I've recorded all the Disney fun, I can rewind and catch up on everything else. Let's talk about Jillian's 6th birthday, shall we? She woke up super excited, and was sporting an outfit in a color I think she looks fantastic in, and also seems to really fit her personality. Love love love that orange-y red.







Treats at school are allowed, as long as they are purchased and not made at home. So, our donut lover requested some Dunkin Donuts for her classmates. We high tailed it downtown to pick up a couple dozen donuts, and decided that one should also have donuts for breakfast (in addition to school snack) on her birthday.



 Well, rewind again. Darn pictures out of order...before we left for donut pick up, Adrienne gifted Jillian with a lovely set of princess figurines that she hand-selected at Target. Big hit. Nice job, little sister.












After school, Jillian arrived home to find that her Dad was off work early. This meant that she was free to open the rest of her gifts. She got some great stuff from the grandparents, and loved it all.




 She asked Matt and I for two specific items: A diary with a lock on it (What??? Isn't this too early?) and Snack-Eez (these silly little snack cups and drink cups in one that they show on Disney Jr commercials). Small requests that we were happy to oblige.


 We also thought our wanna be chef should have her own kitchen. Er, I mean Easy Bake Oven. She was delighted!



Such a grown-up girl, posing in her traditional birthday shirt. Minions were the request of the year.


Writing down secret stuff.

 After the afternoon gift-opening, we headed to Valentino's for dinner. This was Jillian's requested spot. What she did not know, however, is that the Spencer-Gardner's were meeting us there. She hadn't seen her BFF Ella since before school started. We surprised her with their presence and it was so precious to watch these friends reunite!





The girls waiting for pizza

Sweet little Jack is getting big!

My minion creations...I think they turned out great! 
Jillian's minion cupcake, ready for fire.








My chocolate lover, happy as a clam.

Our dinner party
The only thing that could have improved this birthday was a Royals World Series win.....next year, boys?

No comments:

Post a Comment