template

Saturday, November 15, 2014

A's Conference

I had Adrienne's first-ever school conference last week with Mrs. Leif. It's so nice to have a teacher we've had before--I like that she knows our family, and I've got to admit that I've been kind of curious as to if/how that would color her expectations of Adrienne. As I've mentioned in the past, I don't get much out of Adrienne in terms of school info. Most of her answers are "nuffing" (nothing), "nobody", and "I don't be-member" (remember). In short--she doesn't learn anything, she doesn't play with anyone, and she doesn't remember what happened (unless someone "poops him's pants". Then we've got all the details). So when we sat down together, I expected Mrs. Leif to tell me that Adrienne is a lazy loner with zero aptitude for learning her letters (I'm kidding--of course I didn't expect THAT poor of a report, but that's what A had prepared me for).  So just how is Adrienne doing in preschool? Fantastic. Mrs. Leif informed me that our little lady is a good rule follower who sits politely for circle time, raises her hand, and is a quick study. She said she really had to think about some constructive feedback for her at this point, but we giggled when she mentioned Adrienne's cutting. Yep. That's 2 for 2 for this OT mom at a 3 year old conference...not enough exposure to scissors. We had a good laugh over this and I nodded my head in agreement as she gave her monologue about allowing scissors at home. So funny. I totally know better, but man, never feel real excited about giving my wild 3 year old girls a pair of scissors. At the end I asked her how much of a goofball Adrienne is in class, because she is definitely the 'class clown' of our family. Always ornery, making jokes, making mischief to get a laugh, she is just plain silly. Mrs Leif's reply? "We don't see any of that behavior here at all". Surprise, surprise. You know how to work it, Adrienne. You are so much like your Aunt Meggie I can't even tell you--total ham at home, quiet rule-follower at school. We are so proud of you and love you so.
First official school photos. Total Matt look alike (hair/eye/coloring all mine)

The class. Adrienne is right in the middle. 

1 comment:

  1. I feel honored that A is following in my foot steps, go A!

    ReplyDelete