On Thursday, both the girls had big news to share upon pick up from school. I've changed the names to protect the innocent....er, guilty, parties. First, when Adrienne entered the car at 12:30, she exclaimed, "Mom! Bennett peed him's pants today. Oh, I mean, he pooped him's pants!" She then proceeded to recount the story several times that afternoon. I just love her continued misuse of pronouns and I refuse to correct it. Yes, Adrienne, Bennett did poop HIM'S pants that day.
And then, at precisely 3:45 Jillian entered the car and said, "Mom, I have to tell you something that happened today." I braced myself, and then, "Nicholas kissed me on the cheek twice today." (insert my gaping jaw) "And I didn't really like it." (waves of relief washed over me) And so ensued a conversation about how kissing is not appropriate at school, and that no one should kiss her without permission, and boys are gross, and please tell me you told the teacher, etc etc. Matt was still on vacation when we got home, so she told him "the news". His response, as expected, was less verbose than mine...but much more direct "NO KISSING AT SCHOOL! EVER." And that was the end of that...for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment