template
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
Fish Of The Week
It was a pretty exciting Monday morning. I dropped Jillian off at school and headed to the RAC with Adrienne. I checked her into Kids Club and was in the cafe working on my Bible study before boot camp when my phone rang. I recognized the number as Jillian's school. Oh dear, was she sick? She was fine 30 minutes ago. Or worse. Something happened at school and she got hurt. My mind ran away with craziness for the first 3 rings until I picked up the phone to hear a cheery voice informing me she was the vice principal and she had Jillian in her office. Come again? My "terrific kid" who won a respect award last month is in your office??? What in the world?!? It seemed like forever before she finally revealed that she was sharing the "fantastic news" that Jillian was the kindergarten 'Fish of the Week'! Whew! What's 'The Fish of The Week' you ask? Well, Jillian set this as her goal when she and Matt were in the car a few weeks ago. She kept telling him she wanted to be fish of the week and he told her she should make that her goal, and from what I understand, this caused a very long and intense interrogation about what goals are. Anyway, 'fish of the week' is a reward program they use for good behavior at school. Teachers can give out 'fish tickets' for extra good behavior and those get put into a pot for each grade. One student is chosen per grade per week. Jillian got her name mentioned on the all-school announcement, her picture taken and displayed on the monitor in the entry of the school, and received a pizza coupon. She is super excited and we are proud of her! The funny part of the experience for me was when she got into the car that afternoon and told me she got to hang out with "the graders" for a little bit. I asked her who the "graders" were. "Mom, you know. The first graders, second graders, third graders, fourth graders, and fifth graders! The graders!" Of course. Big times to be a kindergartner posing for a picture with 'graders'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment