Every now and again I remember several funny things I want to record.....here are 5 from the last month.
1. At "Dismey-world" one morning, the girls and I were eating breakfast. Jillian ordered bacon with her waffles. Adrienne doesn't eat meat so she of course declined. Towards the end of the meal, she started screaming and whining after Jillian touched her, "Mom! I need to wash my hands! My sister got pig on me!"
2. After our flu shots, Adrienne and I went to Target. I told her we'd first stop for a treat to reward ourselves for our bravery. Adrienne wanted a "twoc-lit" (chocolate) cake pop. I got her a cup of water as well, and I ordered my usual latte. As we were sitting at the table chatting she proclaimed, "Mom, look! I have Wonder Woman on my cup just like you do on yours!"
 |
| This might not be Wonder Woman, but this face on my coffee cup guarantees that what is inside will make me feel like Wonder Woman. |
3. Friday was "Crazy Hair Day" at Jillian's school. She was really excited about doing something crazy to her hair and talked it up all week. When it was time to do her hair that morning she made her request, "Mom, I want 2 ponytails in the back". Me: "You mean you want pigtails?" J: "No. Two ponytails." Me: "Well, I have news for you--2 ponytails=pigtails." J: "OK, that's the crazy hair I want". Me: "That's not crazy hair." J: "Yes it is". We went round and round for a few minutes and finally settled on THREE ponytails (gasp! it's so crazy, right?!?) that were braided. Living on the edge, my first born child. You are living. On. The. Edge.
 |
| Takin' a walk on the wild side. |
4. On Saturday, Matt was in the bathroom getting ready when the girls walked in. Jillian started a conversation, "Dad, we are playing school. It's a school where you just read a bunch of books all day long. Oh, that reminds me, why doesn't Mrs Dyer ever go to the bathroom? I've never seen her go to the bathroom at school!"
5. I've been on the search for some comfortable yet cute short boots. I got a Zappos shipment today and texted Jenni a pic for her opinion, after which I realized I had quite the photobomb in the background.
 |
| Why, yes. That is Adrienne in a Sleeping Beauty costume wearing a headband...with sticker jewels plastered across her forehead, and her finger up her nose. Reason number 792 why she is like a little Aunt Meggie. I swear it's THE SAME KID. Right, Mom??? |
No comments:
Post a Comment