Some weeks are so ridiculous one just has to laugh. This was one of those for me. They say things happen in threes (where did that idea come from anyway?) and my string of three began Sunday night at 9:30 when I went upstairs to figure out why I could still hear Adrienne banging around her room over 2 hours after we had put her to bed. I could hear her jumping and playing and babbling through the monitor, but she wasn't talking about anything in particular or alerting me to any needs, so I just let it go. That was a bummer. I opened her door to find her naked, poop covering her hands, poop on the walls, poop smeared on her book, poop INSIDE the drawers under her window seat, poop INSIDE a bag on her floor. It was everywhere. Let's just say that 5 days later, I am still finding smears of poop I didn't see. It was U-GLY. You can bet I raised my voice. You can bet I was pretty upset. You can bet I woke my sleeping husband to come HELP ME navigate this situation. So, while I cleaned, changed bedding, etc. he bathed our little stinker, put her in some clean jammies, and then took her down to our bed to lay with him while I worked (that sounded a bit too rewarding to her in my opinion, but this wasn't the time for parenting squabbles). Matt told me he thought that perhaps she had an accident thought we'd be upset, and then literally tried to hide the evidence for fear she'd be in trouble. I tend to be a little suspicious about that, but decided to go with that and offer some grace and repaired the damage of my frustrations the next day. I am flabbergasted about this since she has been doing so well and hasn't done any of these shenanigans in months. Forgive me, Adrienne, for not remaining on my toes! The funny part about this little ditty is that Matt told me that while they were laying in bed waiting for me to change her sheets, she looked at him and said, "My mommy is angry at me.......but my daddy is not angry at me" with a coy little grin. Work it, girl.
The next day, I was feeling tired and frustrated with the winter, the poop clean up I still had to do (carpet stuff) and decided to just run the groceries home before we went back into town to get Jillian for school. Adrienne usually sleeps in the car during this time (and I sit and read or do my Bible study), but for some reason the idea of unloading groceries, cleaning carpets, and managing all the after school/dinner chaos on this day just seemed like too much. Unloading groceries while one child slept in the car and the other was at school sounded much better. That decision was another bummer. I was almost home when I met a car on 85th street and got over to the side (with all the snow, it's tough to tell where the road ends and shoulder begins on these country roads, so we usually just drive down the middle) as we passed. I apparently got over too far, and the snow just pulled me in. I bounced around feeling like we were careening toward a ditch/fence and would surely flip. I struggled to just hold the wheel steady and slowly break. Suddenly we were out of the snow and stopped on the road, no harm done. I sat for a minute until my legs stopped shaking and then continued the remaining 1/4 mile home, feeling super lucky and blessed that we were OK. And then I pulled in the garage and thought that I should probably check to make sure the car was OK. Well, it wasn't.
 |
| After some duct tape repair, she is good to drive until the new fender arrives for replacement on April 2nd. Keeping it classy over here. |
 |
| On the right you will see the nice groove my car made when we "fell in" |
And then, Monday night I got out of the shower and thought I had a little rash on my hips but blew it off as having the water too hot or something. I woke up Tuesday morning and realized it wasn't just a little rash. It was red, non-blanching, and all over.
 |
| Bummer number three |
After watching it for a couple days I went in yesterday and was diagnosed with a case of "full body hives of unknown origin". Awesome. I'm on day two of a 5 day course of prednisone, which equals crazy hyper-shaky from the side effects of oral steroids. Giddy up.
We are capping off the week with a trip to the school carnival tonight. Dirty bounce houses full of screaming kids and too much cotton candy just might push me over the edge.....
No comments:
Post a Comment