template

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sandy Eggo

Thanks to my mom, I was able to run away with Matt for a few days as I tagged along to a conference he attended in San Diego. This was the first time I have left the girls and not really worried about them. They sleep all night, are potty trained, can tell you what they want/need, and they just love to play. I dare NOT say they are easy (because they are not), but they are at a really fun age for some special girl time with Grammy. Every text I received mentioned something about a craft. They crafted and crafted, and crafted some more. Thank goodness they had someone besides their craft-less mom to craft with them (my idea of a craft is a coloring book and washable crayons). I came home to rock pets, butterfly window decals, painted magnets, and more. Go, Grams! Girls, quickly lower your crafting expectations.

So, San Diego. Perfect, perfect weather. Sunshine that fed my winter-distressed soul. Time alone with my husband to wander, explore, and chat. Lengthy breakfasts, walks, and shopping with a dear friend and mentor (while said husband was at the conference). One too many freshly squeezed salty dogs in the spot they originated. The best dessert ever in the form of a lemon tart with brulee topping at a darling French bistro. A zucchini and cactus taco that rocked my world. Tan lines on my feet from my TOMS. All good stuff. I brought my camera, but never pulled it out of my bag. A few highlights from the pics off my phone...


The reported best spot for fish tacos just happened to be right outside our hotel room window. Score.

Darn salty dogs. Old people acting a little bit silly.

Another old people selfie

Are Californians experts on this topic?

This sweet old man made some beautiful signs of my girls' names...see below

Also out the room window: San Diego convention center, the bay, and Coronado.

For Jillian. These writings are on silk and need to be matted and framed.

For A

My chariot, er surrey, awaits. 

Driving the surrey around Coronado. If I look scared it's because my husband tried to crash us into the rocks.

OK maybe not completely scared.

Excuse me, sir, but don't you know it's not safe to text and drive?!?


My handsome and unusually relaxed lunch date. The spot for the zucchini/cactus taco. I loved everything about this restaurant and this moment in time. 

Walking towards the USS Midway Museum. I gotta admit, I wasn't super thrilled about this suggestion, but went along with it. What an awesome experience to explore this ship. We learned a ton, and I have a new respect for all our military does to keep our country safe.

Maverick wanna be

I could not get over the size of the mixer in the galley. That and the laundry room. Unreal.


No comments:

Post a Comment