template

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Let It Go!

It seems that everyone in the world (or maybe just those who have small Frozen-obsessed children) is tired of hearing "Let It Go", right? I am. We have to listen to it in the car, in the house, all the time. I even find myself singing it as I do laundry, etc. My girls belt it out a capella at random. And at the risk of sounding really corny, the song truly has the right idea. Just let it go. Whatever 'it' may be, sometimes you need to just 'let it go'. Today was the perfect example of this. An epically bad day. And I mean EPIC. Tears, tears, tears, screaming, screaming, screaming (from both adult and youth females in the house), power struggle after power struggle. I honestly cannot think of an uglier mothering day, and very few days where I felt my kids were so beyond reason. I was feeling even worse that my own mother was present to witness all this ugliness. It just didn't seem that there was any way to salvage the day. So, instead of fighting 'it' (the kids, the to do lists, the expectations, the stress, what have you), I just decided to let it go.....and we rolled out the red carpet (read Jayhawk blankets that we turned over to the red side), gussied up our hair to our 2 and 5 year old likings (meaning not how I would like it), and put on our Sunday best (meaning random items out of the dress-up box) for a one of a kind fashion show. I was the photographer (and I snapped 1,022 photos--don't worry, only about 100 are worth keeping. I have about a 10% chance of taking a good picture with one click) and I chose musical selections that seemed to really inspire my little divas (most notably, the ever appropriate "Welcome To The Jungle", "Roar", and "Girl On Fire"). After an hour of giggles and performing, this awful day seemed somehow full of a bit of joy. We capped it off with a pasta and wine (grown up girls only, of course) dinner, and then we all took our estrogen to our respective rooms and went to bed early. Tomorrow is another day, girls.



A-tti-tude

She has the best facial expressions.








For real.







She has the head tilt down that's for sure

Oh, Adrienne


Some sort of interpretive dance. Totally into it.

She actually was singing "Let It Go" here. It was the encore number of the show

Serious about her role as Elsa. Doesn't this kid's mother know how to schedule a haircut???

And, as usual...not so serious




Basking in the limelight

Somebody's looking pretty grown-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment