template

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

You Can Quote Me

Oh, Jillian, you just never stop saying things I want to remember.....

-Out of the blue: "Mom, my grammy smells good. She has dark hair like my dad, and my hair is gray!"

-While helping me make baked oatmeal, she asked what the spice was we were putting in and I told her it was cinnamon: "Mmmmm, that cinnamon smells good. My grammy has cinnamon candy, and she lets me try it". (guess you got caught, Mom!)

-Our conversation on the way to rent some free kids movies at the store:
Me: "What movie do you want to get, Jillian?"
J: "Maybe a princess movie, or Tinkerbell"
Me: "What movies do you think Adrienne will like someday?"
J: "Mom, she can't talk"

-Random conversation at dinner:
J: (while looking at Matt) "Why do you get frus-ter-ated at me when I don't listen?"
Matt:: "Well,.."
J: (interrupting him) "I am talking to you, Mom".

-Later that same night, completely out of context...
"Mom, why you don't like my attitude?"

-One day last week, we had a particularly rough morning getting out of the house. When I picked her up from preschool, she immediately shouted the following in front of multiple teachers and parents:
"Mom, are you sorry for when you yelled at me this morning?!" Oh dear.

-When we were pushing groceries out to the car on Sunday:
"Daddy doesn't listen to you, Mom. Sometimes me and Daddy are naughty".

-Monday night Jillian was overly tired and was not obeying our dinnertime rules. After refusing to stay in time out, Matt finally just sent her up to her room to wait for bath time. A few short minutes later, he went up to discover her (totally naked, by the way) hanging out on the steps.
Matt: (sternly) "Jillian, I told you to stay in your room until I got up here".
J: (casually) "I told myself it was OK to come out". Yup, she said those exact words. What can I say? The kid has guts.

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing, so cute and naughty at the same time! Man she doesn't miss a beat does she?!

    ReplyDelete