template

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Words

Jillian is pretty crafty with her words these days. Two clever ones from today....

1. She was working on decorating valentines for a party at a friend's house tomorrow when she exclaimed, "Mom, look at this! It's gorable!" Didn't take long for me to figure out that she created her own word by combining "gorgeous" and "adorable". Gorable. Go ahead, use it in a sentence. It works.

2. Adrienne was crawling around Jillian's room as I was helping her get ready for school this morning, and she became interested in the large tag on Jillian's quilt. Jillian suddenly shouted, "Adrienne, stop chewing on the destructions!" That wasn't the first time she used the word "destructions" for "instructions". Super cute.

I should also record that I heard the words, "Mommy, I don't like you" for the first time this week. Yep, they stung, and no, I wasn't expecting them until she was a bit older. Tonight, she patched my wound rather nicely....
J: "Mom, daddy is my father, you are my father, and Adrienne is my father"
Me: "I think you mean family. We are all your family. Daddy IS your father, though. I am your mother, and Adrienne is your sister"
J: "Daddy is my father, and Mommy--you are my best"
All is forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment